I saw these creative Eid lantern money holders and asked the artist to write up a tutorial as part of our Ramadan crafts series on how she made them.
Today’s guest post is by Tahmina Ansari.
Being a working mom of three toddlers leaves me with little time on my hand but I was inspired to make this craft for Eid money holders for my nieces and nephews.
I was a little overwhelmed by the cutting and gluing process and happened to come across the following items in Target which made the process faster and more fun.
Let’s see how Tahmina made these lantern holders during her Ramadan:
1. Download the lantern template from above and cut out the overall shape.
2. Trace the template onto the felt pieces and cut out the lantern shape.
3. Remove the back from the adhesive label pocket and affix the pocket onto the lantern.
4. Decorate edges with washi tape and label using marker
5. Fill with money or gift card
6. Optional: become more creative with decorations
Thank you Tahmina for sharing your fun DIY to give handmade this Eid. For more Eid crafts, be sure to check out the ACraftyArab Pinterst board. If you would like to guest blog, please let me know.