In 2011 A Crafty Arab launched #CraftyRamadan, an annual challenge to create a project a day for the Islamic holy month, Ramadan, when Muslims around the world fast, with 30 days of activities for parents and caregivers to do with children.
The goal is to teach children in a fun, educational way about the Arab world and Muslim culture.
This now includes over 250 sharable tutorials, recipes and downloads that educate about the MENA (Middle East and North Africa) region of the world.
This year marks its 10th annual challenge for the 2020 Gregorian and 1441 Hijri year.
To acknowledge this special occasion, I will have a contest. Here are the rules to follow while staying home, safe and healthy:
- Look around your home for materials that could be recycled, up-cycled, reduced or reused for a DIY Ramadan project, with or without children, from ACraftyArab.com.
- Choose from over 600 free tutorials, recipes, book reviews, and printable images and do the project.
- Post your final piece to Instagram using the hashtags #CraftyRamadan2020 #ACraftyArab and tag @ACraftyArab
The final grand prize will be awarded to the person who posts the most completed projects during this special holy month.
#CraftyRamadan Grand Prize
- 8 OZ. Mod Podge Gloss
- 8 OZ. Mod Podge Matte
- 8 Oz. Dishwasher Safe Gloss
- Mod Podge 2 OZ. Photo Transfer Medium
- Mod Podge Silicone Craft Mat
- Mod Podge 7 Piece Tool Kit
- Mod Podge 4pc Sponcer Set
- Mod Podge 4pc Foam Brush Set