We are so honored to host a guest post for our Ramadan crafts 30-day challenge from AYEINA.
Samina is sharing how she crafted this cute mini DIY Rihal stand to hold a tiny Quran.
Bored kids at home might lead to a crafty adventure this Ramadan. Focusing on the Quran in this blessed month truly revives the spirit of Ramadan. So, for the craft, I chose a DIY Rihal for a mini travel Quran. Rihal is a Quran stand and is of great help while reciting the Qur’an if you are sitting down. Such crafts inculcate the love of the Quran in the hearts of kids. They get excited to put the craft to use and end up reading Quran often as a result. Alhamdulillah. Hope your kids enjoy the process and put their work to use too.
Materials needed for the DIY mini Quran Stand (Rihal):
- Strong Cardboard,
- Popsicle Sticks,
- Glue Gun,
- Hard Foam Boards
- Decorative Materials (like stickers, washi tape, Islamic art stencils,
Steps to follow:
- Cut two parts of cardboard in equal sizes.
- Make cuts in the middle of both cardboard pieces, in a way that we can
intertwine them with each other while leaving half of the space so it
doesn’t cut all the way through.
- Layer your cardboard with more cardboard or glue popsicle sticks to
make the base strong.
- Decorate the stand as you wish.
- NOTE that cardboard is not too strong to hold a lot of weight, so it’s
important to add hard foam board blocks at the bottom to give the upper
stand strong support to hold an actual travel Quran.
You may also try a traditional Quran stand that is intertwined more strongly. You can also make it more interactive by letting the kids design it their way and make it stronger by using wooden slabs.