A Crafty Arab (ACA) strengthens Arab-American heritage and language by creating original educational tools and blog posts that are fun for children.
Koloud ‘Kay’ Tarapolsi, the Libyan American artist and art teacher behind ACA, has a rich Arab heritage that inspires her tutorials and projects. Her story was recently written about in a SeattleMet article. She holds a Bachelors from Oklahoma State University, a Masters in International Studies from the University of Washington, specializing in Middle East and North Africa (MENA) and a Ducktorate from Disney University.
The ACA website and blog has a wide range of readership from the Western world and Middle East / North African (MENA) regions. A Crafty Arab is active on social media and can be found on Facebook, Goodreads, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest, and Twitter.
A Crafty Arab statistics
A Crafty Arab receives 12,000 page views a month and a session duration will average 2 minutes. ACA blog readership is largely female, aged 25-45, have children and live primarily in these top five countries:
- Saudi Arabia
A Crafty Arab Activities
Kay enjoys showcasing different religious DIY crafts since the MENA region is the home to the 3 major religions of the world: Christianity, Judaism and Islam, as well as projects that highlight the Arab language.
A Crafty Arab also covers other MENA cultures, such as Persian, Amazigh and the Arab diaspora.
In 2011 A Crafty Arab started a #RamadanCrafts 30 day challenge to create a craft a day for the full Islamic holy month. The goal was to teach children about the Arab culture in a fun, educational way.
A Crafty Arab recently became a Plaid Ambassador. Earnings made from any income on posts is returned back into the studio to buy more supplies.
A Crafty Arab Guest Posts
Guest writers interested in educating children about the Arab world, including diaspora culture in the surrounding MENA region and religions, are encouraged to contact ACA via the form below.
Make sure these questions are answered first:
- Who can submit? Anyone! Either you are an established blogger or a parent who wants to share.
- What type of content is okay? ACA looks for guest posts that fits our mission, has a 300 word minimum and contains 4-5 photos, including a title photo. Images must be bright and on white back grounds.
- Can content be published elsewhere? No. Only original content allowed. You can post a photo/link from your site, but not the content.
- Does ACA pay? Yes! A post that is published will be paid $25.
- Are Amazon affiliate links allowed? Yes! For the first six months.
- Are other links allowed? Yes! 3 links to past activities on your blog or social media outlets are encouraged.
- When will the post be live? ACA publishes on Tuesdays and Thursdays. During Ramadan, ACA posts daily for 30 days as part of an annual craft challenge.
A Crafty Arab Advertising
To advertise on A Crafty Arab, please use the contact form below. Arab, Muslim or other children books are subject to having a craft created for them. Use of photos are allowed on your site, but only if full credit and links are included.
I strive to answer non spam emails as soon as I receive them.